Avionics Service Technician Leads – Smyrna, TN
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for an experienced Avionics Service Technician Leads in Smyrna, TN.
- The Avionics Service Technician Lead, under minimal supervision, tests, troubleshoots and repairs avionics equipment and electrical components. This includes troubleshooting of installations and systems and complete functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In this role, the Avionics Service Lead performs basic task such as using hand tools, soldering, wiring repair, and use of test equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair avionics equipment and accessories, in aircraft and on the bench. Identify and correct electronics failures in various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials.
- Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and manufacturers in a timely, effective way. Ability to function as part of a team.
- Assure repairs are done in accordance with procedures described in the company’s FAA Repair Station Manual as well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer instructions.
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution – to maximize quality and efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and honesty.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a general aviation aircraft modification/completion/repair shop.
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
- Prefer FAA Mechanic / Repairman’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings and/or FAA Licensed Pilot, preferably with an Instrument Rating desired.
- Prefer minimum 5 years of successful avionics installation, repair or maintenance experience – preferably as a lead, supervisor or manager – with deep knowledge of Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Avidyne, Aspen Avionics, Bendix-King and/or other leading avionics brands.
- Criminal Background Check required.
- Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol screening and background checks mandatory.
HQ Aero provides guaranteed HASSLE FREE weekly payroll, along with direct deposit on first pay, per diem for eligible applicants, and payroll advances. Additional benefits offered to HQ Aero Technicians: Travel pay and longevity bonuses offered on majority of our contract assignments. Referral bonus is also offered to all of our technicians.
If you are looking for a job in the aviation industry, you have come to the right place! HQ Aero is always recruiting highly skilled, motivated and dedicated aviation personnel to support our customer’s manpower needs. By choosing to partner with HQ Aero, you will work with one of our knowledgeable aviation recruiters, and will gain access to aviation jobs offered by the top companies in the aviation industry. HQ Aero’s proven staffing approach has allowed us to successfully place many aviation professionals, just like you, in jobs across the globe. We take great pride in our ability to provide our clients with outstanding aviation talent to support their everyday business needs. Our aviation employment openings are updated on a daily basis.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@hqaero.com